The East Market complex has two party/event rooms. The party/event room for phase 1 and 2 residents is located on the ground floor below phase 2. To reach this room go right from 383 Cumberland lobby, past the gym and through the door at the end of the hall. The door to the party/event room will be on your left. The room is equipped with basic kitchen facilities. A washroom is located down the hall, in the gym area. The party/event room for phase 3 residents is located on the 2nd floor of the phase 3 tower, next to the patio area. Turn left when you get off the elevators, and left again at the end of the hall. The room is equipped with basic kitchen facilities, and washrooms are located next to the room.
The Party / Event Rooms close at 2 am every day.
reserving the room
- If you wish to book the room and adjacent patio for your event, contact the superintendent.
- Please ensure that the room is clean after use and take care of the furniture and equipment.
- A non-refundable deposit is payable for booking the party room. The deposit is returned only if the Party Room is left in the same condition as it is found.
- A Party Room booking does not include the Patio, Garden and BBQ area, to allow all residents access.
you are responsible for your actions and those of your guests
- No resident shall permit noisy, rowdy or raucous behaviour in or adjacent to the Party Room nor any behaviour or noise which disturbs the comfort and quiet enjoyment of other residents, their families, guests, visitors, and persons having business with them.
- In line with the Ottawa Noise Bylaw, residents and visitors must not disturb the peace and comfort of others between 11 pm and 7 am on weekdays, between 11 pm and 9 am on Saturdays, and between 12 am and 12 pm on Sundays (see more details in Section 3.8).
- Leave the Party Room in the same condition you found it.
- Use the equipment carefully. Other than normal wear and tear - each resident/owner is financially responsible for any damages to or loss of common elements caused by negligent behaviour by themselves or their family and guests.
- Keep outside doors/windows closed to let the Air-Conditioning system work efficiently.
easy access for visitors
For phase 1 and 2 residents, when your visitors arrive at the building, they can reach you on the phone in the party/event room by dialing 3587 from the front door directory. For Phase 3 residents, visitors can dial 9999 from the front door enterphone.
phase 1/2 supplied dishes
For your convenience and to reduce waste, dishes are available to residents who have reserved the use of the phase 1/2 Party Room. You can get the key to the cupboards when you reserve the party room through the superintendent as pay your deposit. The following is an inventory of all dishes available. You are responsible for ensuring all dishes are cleaned, dry, well-organized, and locked in these cupboards following your party. The replacement cost of any dishes broken or missing will be deducted from your Party Room reservation deposit. 24 plates 24 teaspoons 24 forks 24 butter knives 24 steak knives 24 clear plastic cups 1 cutting board 1 stainless steel serving platter 2 large stainless steel bowls 1 cutlery tray 1 dish rack and draining tray 1 metal rack, for stacking cutting board, platter, and bowls in cupboard Dish soap, scrubbies, and dish towels are not provided.