Notice – fire Incident in Phase 3

As you are probably aware, a fire caused the evacuation of 179 George Street last night at approximately 9:00 pm. The fire, which started accidentally in a unit on the 21st floor, was controlled by firefighers and damages were limited to that unit. The apartment was unoccupied at the time of the accident.

No one was injured, and the fire alarm system functioned as designed. 

The owner of the unit in which the accident happened has asked the Board to relay his sincere apologies for inconveniencing residents of Phase 3. 

The Board would like to take this opportunity to remind residents to not leave candles, hot stoves, or other risks of fire unattended. The need for an up to date residents list was put to test again last night - we request that you ensure that the Property Manager has your names and contact numbers.

OCSCC # 735 Board of Directors