If you have hardwood flooring installed by the original builder, it is most likely Kahrs or Teka engineered hardwood. In the case of the Kahrs hardwood, the warranty period for the installation of the flooring has expired, however, the flooring itself has a lifetime guarantee which is valid only for the original purchaser of the condo. The Name of the Ottawa territory rep is Bernie Gold and he is with Kraus Flooring (distributer for Kahrs in Canada). His phone number is 1.888.582.8880 ext 5006. Care for your wood floors:
- Use mats and area carpets in high traffic areas.
- Maintain normal interior humidity levels
- Do NOT use the following on your floors: wax conditioners, acrylic wax, steel wool, soap, ammonia-based cleaners, vinegar or detergents
- Never pour water (or allow it to pool) on the floor
- Use a lightly damp cloth and/or a proper wood cleaner.
- If you have Kahrs floors: A full care and maintenance guide is available at www.kahrs.com.
- If you have Teka floors see the Property Manager for a care guide.
Care for your carpets by:
- Vacuuming regularly
- Quickly remove any spots and spills
- Use mild clear liquid detergent solutions or appropriate speciality products to remove stains on carpets.
- Absorb wet spills by blotting rather than rubbing or scrubbing.