Most units have either Whirlpool or KitchenAid appliances installed. Consult the user guide or care and maintenance guide provided with the appliance. If you do not have a maintenance guide, check the manufacturer's web site: www.whirlpoolcanada.com
, or www.kitchenaid.ca
or call customer service: 1-800-807-6777.
care for your stove
- Use only liquid non-abrasive cleaners on ceramic glass-top stoves.
- Always wipe with a clean, wet cloth or sponge and dry thoroughly to prevent streaking and staining. Use stainless steel cleaner for stainless steel exterior.
- Special cook top Polishing Creme and Scraper can be used to clean and maintain your stove top. Contact manufacturer for advice.
- If your stove has a self-cleaning feature, consult the users guide and keep your unit well-ventilated during the self-cleaning cycle to help get rid of heat, odours and any smoke. Do not block stove vent(s).
care for your microwave and/or hood
- Use only liquid non-abrasive cleaners.
- Unplug microwave/hood and consult user manual on how to remove, clean and/or replace grease filters, charcoal filters, cook top light, and microwave oven light.
care for your dishwasher
- Use a soft, damp cloth or sponge and a mild detergent. Use stainless steel cleaner for stainless steel exterior.
- Regularly remove collected particles from the screen at the bottom.
care for your refrigerator/freezer
- If applicable to your type of appliance, ensure that there is air flow between the refrigerator and freezer sections.
- Use a soft, damp cloth or sponge and a mild detergent in warm water. Use stainless steel cleaner for stainless steel exterior.
- Consult user guide on how to clean condenser coils and replace light bulbs. Clean condenser coils regularly as it may help save energy. Unplug refrigerator and take care not to damage your floor if you have to move your refrigerator.
care for your washer/dryer
- Use a non-flammable household cleaner with a soft cloth.
- Periodically inspect and replace inlet hoses if bulges, kinks, cuts, wear or leaks are found - to reduce the risk of hose failure.
- Empty the primary lint trap inside your tumble dryer after every load to increase the efficiency of your appliance and to avoid fire hazard. If required clean lint trap in hot water and liquid detergent and thoroughly dry it before the next load.
- Regularly check and empty the secondary lint trap located on the duct above your tumble dryer. This also increases the efficiency of your appliance and reduces the fire hazard.