Apr
Unit Interiors and Advice
Exposed concrete ceilings

Hi Peter,

The first thing you'll probably want to do is determine exactly what type of finish has been applied to the ceiling.

If it was done by the builder/developer, there were three optional "upgrades" (or downgrades, depending on your point of view) that the developer offered to phase 3 purchasers:

1. Painted concrete finish (at $1.25 per square foot): In this case, some of the texture of the concrete would still be visible, particularly at the seams where the concrete forms originally met.

2. Stippled finish (at $3.50 per square foot): You probably know what this is - bumpy surface created by spraying material on the ceiling.

3. Drywalled and painted finish (at $7.50 per square foot): This would give a completely smooth painted finish. You can confirm whether this was done, by removing a ceiling light fixture. If you are able to see the ragged edge of the drywall, then that confirms this is what you have.

Of course, it's also possible that the previous owner had something other than the above 3 done, perhaps by someone other than the original builder.

Apr
Removing interior walls

Has anyone ever removed an interior wall in their unit? Just trying to figure out a ball park figure of how much it might cost. Also if there are any contractor recommendations that could do work like this I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Apr
Exposed concrete ceilings

I've just purchased a unit in Phase 3, and have noticed that the ceiling in this unit is not the typical exposed concrete but has been painted white. It looks as though there was a very small layer of plaster put on top of the concrete, then paint applied on top of that. Does anyone have any information on exactly how this was done, and possibly a safe way to have it removed?

Apr
Where to Buy Balcony Furniture

Many thanks for the info Brian.

Apr

Ikea have some contemporary items very well suited for The East Market balconies.

For example, their Gränsö table's aluminum finish is a great match for the window frames and balcony railings, while being perfectly sized for EM balconies:

Their Kvarnö armchair also has a matching aluminum finish, is very contemporary in style, and as made of high quality materials:

Besides this, some stores within walking distance of The East Market that might be worth checking include Zone on Sussex, Structube on Murray, EQ3 on George and Phillip Van Leeuwen on Byward Market.

Apr
Shoji Doors

Does anyone know how much the custom shoji doors cost? Or how much installation of them is?

Apr

Can anybody recommend where to buy contemporary style balcony furniture and planters? Thanks.

Apr
Parking for Sale/Rent
Parking for sale

$27,000

Phase 3

Level C

613-796-3072

Apr
Units/Lockers for Sale/Rent
1 bedroom + Den available May or June

Hi Guys,

It is with great sadness that I leave the East Market to become a suburbanite :( Since I hope to come back some day to this wonderful community, I would like to rent my unit out. It's a sandy hill type on a high floor. More details and pictures at this address: http://ottawa.en.craigslist.ca/apa/636456861.html

Contact me by email or at 613-720-5683 if interested.

Take care,
Yannick

Apr
Doorway Height?

Hi,

Welcome to Phase 3.

Are you talking about the measurements of the front door, or some other doorway inside the unit, or both? Perhaps it's just simpler to come to your unit to do the measurements, or, if someone is still living in it, get them to do it.

If this is not possible, let me know which measurements you require and I'll forward it to you.

Alan Wu
President, Board of Directors, Phase 3

Apr
Doorway Height?

I just bought a unit in Phase 3 was hoping to order a sofa now so it'll arrive in time for my move-in date. Would someone be able to let me know the approximate height and width of the doorway in the units? I completely forgot to measure this and it's not listed in the floorplan...

Would hate to buy a sofa that I couldn't get through the door!

Thanks =)

Apr
Can you recommend a good painter?

I would gladly send you guys his contact information but I can't seem to figure out how to get in contact with you guys?
if you would still want the painter info, please email me at jimena.gonzalez (at) rogers.com

Apr
Information about 2 bedroom/Purchase 2 bedroom

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a two bedroom unit (with 2 full bathrooms) in the spring/summer of 2009. I am interested in being fairly high up (looked at a unit on the 20th floor and was awestruck; unfortunately it had only 1 bedroom).

In looking at the floorplans, it seems that not many models have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.

If you are interested in selling in about 12-16 months, or have any information that you are willing to share, please contact me (vlturner@gmail.com).

Thank you so much.

Apr
Furnished condos for rent

I will have one or maybe two completety furnished suites available in The East Market Phase I and Phase II
Please email ALAIN at: abolduc@schl.ca or call at 514-707-2313

Unit 1002 in Phase I with nice view of Gatineau Park about 555 sq. feet and the other unit in Phase II on 4th floor 610 sq. ft. with a balcony.

All units including furnitures, TV, DVD, all appliances, dishes, pots, pans, linens, etc.
You just have to move in! Hotel style unit!
A garage is also available if needed.

Rents 1650$ plus garage. Negotiable.

You can go on the East Market site and check out the Chelsea floor plan in Phase I and the Corbu floor plan in Phase II.

Mar
Want to Buy in Phase 3

Looking to Buy in Phase 3.
Prefer models Spire 1 or 2 and Gatineau 1 or 2.

May consider Lowertown or 2 bedroom.
Please call Dale at 613-222-9800 or email dway@kwottawa.ca

Mar
looking to buy

P.S. you can contact me at marie1550@hotmail.com

Mar
looking to buy

I am looking to buy in downtown ottawa and was looking at some of the places available in the east market. I am looking for a 1 bed and 1 bath.
I would prefer to buy without a real estate agent- and noticed on the availability sites that they only have contact available through an agent. If anyone is interested in selling they are welcome to send me info about their place and their asking price. I will be making several trips to Ottawa in the next few weeks to check things out.
Thank you so much,
Marie-Claire

Mar
Looking to buy

Hello,

I am looking to buy a condo in any of the EM Phases. If you are thinking of selling let me know.

Cheers

Mar

Hi Muralt... I an an owner in Phase II ( I rent my unit out) and I do painting. I painted the unit I own with a colour called Soho from the Ralph Lauren "Loft series" of paints. The loft series offers quite a variety of very beautiful colours suited to our units. I also have done several interiors using Ralph Lauren suede paint which provides a very dramatic and relaxing texture. I did the bedroom in my loft with the suede and it's truly beautiful. If you want to contact me my email address is brianjerome@hotmail.com. Thanks

Feb

Hi,
I am interested in having my space in EM3 painted as well, would it be possible to get the contact info for 613flavah friend?
Thanks.